Chase Gittens – Hollydell Hurricanes (Gold)
– Able to pick out and place the puck on a single piece of twine behind the net, Gittens sniping talents were on full display throughout the showcase. Tied for the team lead in goals with seven, while adding four helpers, his accurate shooting continuously eluded goaltenders and put points on the board for the Hurricanes. Anticipate Chase to continue to rack up the goals this season.
Rylan Schneider – York Devils (Silver)
– Schneider finished joint third in the 16A silver showcase in both goals, seven, and points, ten. He converted two shootout goals while also potting a hat trick in York’s showcase finale. Flashing his scoring talent to stand out in a group of very talented players, Schneider will be sure to net many more goals this season.
Andrew Way – Hollydell Hurricanes (Gold)
– Good things happen when you have the puck, and puck possession is exactly what Way granted the Hurricanes. Winning nearly three-quarters of the face-offs that he took, the Hurricanes saw a lot of time in possession when he was on the ice, and this translated to a three points-per-game pace for Hollydell’s centerman (7 G, 5 A in 4 GP). He absolutely played a vital role in the Hurricanes going undefeated in the showcase.
Gavin Nace – Hollydell Hurricanes (Gold)
– Nace put a damper on opponent’s attacks through the team’s four showcase games. While +/- may not be a be-all, end-all stat, when you tally more points than goals against while you’re on the ice, that speaks volumes for a defenseman. Nace did just this, putting up nine points (3 G, 6 A) while helping Hollydell, as a team, concede only ten goals over the entire showcase.
Gavin Smith – York Devils (Silver)
– Toughing out a leg injury throughout the showcase, Smith still found the will to shine. In four games, he played outstanding defense while adding a goal and two assists. He also tallied the game-winning goal in the shootout to win the team’s opening game. Showcasing a clutch factor, grit, and ability at both ends of the ice, Smith is a great presence to have in the defensive zone and on the blue line.